4.3.09

Trying New Things

It's fun, especially when you begin to understand how enlightening it feels to open up your palate to things once forbidden.

I'm still developing my taste for fish and shellfish, but tonight my dad made monkfish.

Since coming into my own palate-wise I have always wanted to try this poor man's lobster. Ugly though it may be, it tastes divine.
It was barded with bacon and seasoned with oregano salt and pepper. He also used a vegetable stock (I'll post the recipe, it was mighty tasty. We used it on a roast the next day) I had made for a Thanksgiving dish that we had extra of and froze. The monkfish was amazing, I'm a believer for sure.

The next experiment is scallops, never had one. Never wanted to have one. I'm dying to try one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, please remember to come back for seconds